Responding to Coronavirus in Our Community
People who are homeless or facing poverty are particularly at risk right now due to the Coronavirus pandemic—and with the “shelter in place” order in effect, many are left with no shelter to go to or no one to care.
It is your critical support right now that is enabling so much to be done for your neighbors that are in desperate need during this crisis. We are committed to responsibly and safely continuing to serve our neighbors in need during this crisis and have adapted and expanded our programs and services to continue to meet the growing need:
- All shelter guests and staff are being tested on an ongoing basis upon entry to our facilities.
- Disinfecting protocols have been greatly increased to combat the spread.
- Two new facilities have been opened to accommodate more people in need during these critical times:
- Facility 1 is serving as quarantine to anyone who has symptoms or tested positive and has nowhere else to go.
- Facility 2 is open for overflow as well as distancing people from one another so that we are in compliance with CDC instruction.
- We are working to open a third facility for more inpatient treatment and to ensure we are meeting the guidelines set by the CDC.
- All meals are being served in a non-community setting, so those in need are receiving their meals individually.
But none of this can be done without the critical support from friends like you. So please give generously today to reach the many more who are in desperate need and have nowhere else to go.
Select How You Can Help:
Select How You Can Help!
Please only press the donate button once to avoid being charged multiple times.